Prepmyskills Privacy Statement
In the course of using this Website or availing the services offered on the Website vide the online application forms, communication services etc., the Company or Prepmyskills and its affiliates may become privy to the personal information of the Users, including information that is of a confidential nature.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION PREPMYSKILLS GATHERS & WHY:
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and continually improve your online experience at the Website.
The Information (which shall also include data) provided by you to Prepmyskills or collected from you by Prepmyskills may consist of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- Your Name,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your e-mail address or other contact information,
- Your date of birth,
- Your gender,
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including purchase history),
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Any other items of "sensitive personal data or information" as such term is defined under Data Protection Rules enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Identification code of your communication device which you use to access the Website or otherwise deal with Prepmyskills, and
- Your ward’s educational interests;
- Transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or use our Website;
- Information you provide us when you contact us for help;
- Information you enter into its system when using the Website, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests, and
- Any other Information that you provide during your registration process, if any, on the Website.
Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of your:
- Registering as a User on the Website,
- Availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with Prepmyskills's customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website, or
otherwise doing business on the Website or otherwise dealing with any Prepmyskills entity.
Prepmyskills may also collect information other than Personal Information from you through the Website when you visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Prepmyskills to identify you personally.
THIS NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY INCLUDE:
- Your geographic location,
- Details of your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- The type of browser,
- The operating system of your system, device and the website you last visited before visiting the Website,
- The duration of your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of your access,
Ads: Prepmyskills may use third-party service providers to serve ads on Prepmyskills’ behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect Non- Personal Information about your visits to the Website, and your interaction with our services on the Website.
USAGEOF YOUR INFORMATION
Prepmyskills may use the individual data and behavior patterns combined with Personal Information to provide you with personalized content, and better your learning objectives/experience. third parties provide certain services which we may use to analyze the data and information you provide to personalize, drive insights and help it better your experience or reach out to you with more value-added applications, products, information and services. However, these third-party companies do not have any independent right to share this information. Prepmyskills does not sell, trade or rent your Information to any third party unless, we have been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so. Prepmyskills may at times provide aggregate statistics about its customers, traffic patterns, and related Website information to reputable third parties, however this information when disclosed will be in an aggregate form and does not contain any of your personally identifiable Information.
When you use certain features on its Website like the discussion forums and you post or share your Personal Information such as comments, messages, files, photos, will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose Personal Information in your profile or when posting on its forums this information may become publicly available.We also receive and analysecomments, feedback, testimonials, content, communications and information (“Feedback”) that you provide when you use our Website. This can include information about you. Also, when you give Feedback on any content on our Website, such a Feedbackis visible to anyone who can see the content. If you submit an email address, we may use it to communicate with you and send you updates on your Feedback. Prepmyskills can view the Feedback and other collected information, including your user ID (if you provided one), your IP address, and any other data provided or transmitted to us.Please avoid including any information in your Feedback that you would not want to have published.We may share your Feedback and other information with third party service providers in an effort to support or help improve Prepmyskills’ operations and activities.
YOU HEREBY REPRESENT TO PREPMYSKILLS THAT:
- The Information you provide to Prepmyskills from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such Information to Prepmyskills.
- Your providing the Information to Prepmyskills's consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third-party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
Your Information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
COOKIES FROM THE WEBSITE:
Web Cookies are small pieces of data sent by the Website and they are stored by your browser on your computer's hardrive, so that we are able to recognize your browser and that allows your preferences to be recorded when visiting the Website.
The Website may use analytical technology through which data is collected and stored for marketing and optimization purposes and data use profiles are prepared under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this. The cookies enable recognition of the internet browser. The data collected with these technologies is not used, without separate authorization by the person concerned, to personally identify the visitors to this Website and is not collated with personal data on the pseudonym holder. The permission for data recording and storage may at any time be cancelled with on-going effect.
DOES PREPMYSKILLS SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference once you sign-in on this Website or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on the advertisement. Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mails or e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), providing customer service etc. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but will not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of the Company's customers on behalf of other party. When we do this, we do not give that party your name and address.
- With your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
Prepmyskills uses third parties for certain processing activities, such as Website hosting. As far as these third parties have access to Personal Data in order to execute these processing activities, we have taken the required organizational and contractual measures to ensure that your Personal Data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above. Only if we are required to do so by law, your Personal Data will be provided to supervisory agencies, fiscal authorities and investigative agencies.
Now and then, Prepmyskills may organize a prize contest, promotion or games of chance in co-operation with a third party. In such a case, this will be stated clearly on the Website. If you participate in such a prize contest, event or games of chance, your Personal Data will (to the extent required) be made available to these third parties, to the extent of necessity.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites.
WHICH INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
The Website gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions on the Website for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You must promptly update your Personal Information if it changes or is inaccurate.
ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH USER IDS
Your user ID is displayed throughout the Website and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities on our Website is traceable to your user ID. Notices are sent to other community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our Website and refer to user IDs and specific items. Therefore, if you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your activities on the Website.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the grievance officer are provided below:
The Compliance and Legal Officer
Prepmyskills Services Private Limited.
2nd Floor, No.16, JP Nagar 4th Phase
Doraisani Palya, Krishnamraju Layout, Near Kalyani Magnum,
Above S.B.I, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may complete a registration process as part of your use of this Website which may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any username, password and/or other identification information must be kept confidential by you and must not be disclosed to, or shared with, anyone. Where you do disclose to or share with anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on this Website using your username, password and/or other identification information.
You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts. By this we can ensure you best services from our end as per your requirement and need.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR LOGIN ID AND PASSWORD:
If you have any security related concern, please contact us at email@example.com. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
Prepmyskills will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, it will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from its Website. Prepmyskills adopts stringent security measures to protect your password from being exposed or disclosed to anyone. Only upon you forgetting the password for itsWebsite, Prepmyskills will have a right to reset the same to you with your prior approval as per standard web practices.
Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere Prepmyskills shall not at all be liable to you/ third party for any direct and/ or indirect damages, claims, losses including loss of business or indirect, consequential or punitive damages, whatsoever in connection with the provision or use of Information hereunder including the usage of this Website.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
www.prepmyskills.com is a registered trademark of Prepmyskills Private Limited. All materials on this www.prepmyskills.com website and the learning portals which are accessed by the students are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any content, in whole or in part, of all the materials attached or use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademarks laws, intellectual property laws, and other laws and regulations.
You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Website at any time, for any reason or for no reason. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Website at any time without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Prepmyskills harmless, on demand, from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of the Website.
WHENEVER THERE IS A CHANGE TO OUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY, WE POST UPDATES ON OUR WEBSITE