A Day in my Life as a Farmer!
Farming is hard but also a very lovely occupation. Farmers spend all their the time out in the sun in lush green fields and with air that has no pollution. They wake up early and go to bed early and follow a proper routine. They have almost no modern objects and they are not very highly educated but they understand the basics of life.
Their day begins very early even before the sun rise. They have breakfast, then they go to the cow shed to collect the milk. Then they go to their farmland to look after their crops. They water the plants, make sure the soil is good, plough the fields and plant new seeds if needed. Whole day they stay in farms so as to protect them from animals and birds which can harm their fields.
Meanwhile, they also look after their cattle. Taking them for grazing, milking them and feeding them are few work associated with them.
Sometimes they go to the city on their bullock cart in order to sell milk, eggs and their harvest.
Most farmers also don't eat lunch. After the sun sets, they eat their dinner and go to sleep.
The farmers wife spend their time in teaching their children, giving peas to the hen and maintaining the farm in her husband's absence
We find this a very hard life but farmers don't.
Also farmers face everyday challenges
· When there is less rain they have trouble watering the plants.
· When there is heavy rain they have trouble because the plants are washed away .
· As they do not have modern technique so they have to use hard way.
· As global warming is happening it is getting more difficult to
grow crops like jute and rice.
IF FARMERS WERE'NT HERE, THERE WOULD BE NO FOOD, WE WOULD NOT LIVE. FARMING IS A NOBLE OCCUPATION, ONE THAT BENEFITS EVERYONE.
To pay back we can
· build a rain water harvesting tank, when less rain is coming the tank will collect it .
· give them modern technique, this way there work will be easy.
I am looking forward to my next farm trip to feel the gentle cold breeze, smell of the wet soil, green beautiful scenes and calming silence.
TO THOSE WHO WORK IN ACRESS, AND NOT IN HOURS.
WE THANK YOU.
Categories: Contests Tags: